What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
For more information on the choices you have about the cookies we use, please see the Controlling Cookies section below.
Where we place cookies
We set cookies in a number of different locations across our services. These include:
- On our website (Divi.space and Hosting.divi.space).
- On sites we host for our users.
Types of Cookies
Here are the types of cookies we use on our websites and why we use them.
These cookies are essential for websites on our services to perform their basic functions. These include those required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions.
These cookies are used to store data that allow you to access features on our website, such as live chat.
Analytics and Performance
Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our websites, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our websites function and to understand how users interact with them.
These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to visitors who use our services or visit our websites.. They are used to build user profiles, including showing you ads based on products you’ve viewed or acts you have taken on our (and other) websites. These are set by Divi Space Hosting and trusted third party networks and are generally persistent in nature.
Third Party / Embedded Content
Divi Space Hosting uses different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons), or embedded content from YouTube and Vimeo. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
Our Control Panel Cookies
Our backend is based on WHMCS which sets the following cookies for normal operations.
- Session cookies — These expire when you close your browser. They do not remain on your computer.
- Persistent cookies — These stay on your computer for a defined period of time.
The backend also creates the following cookies when you use the client area:
- WHMCSInstanceID — This is the most common cookie that most PHP-based websites will use. This stores the unique session ID for each visitor and enables variables to pass between page loads. The cookie only contains a reference to a session on the web server. The user's browser won't store any personal information. This is a session-only cookie, so it expires as soon as you close the browser.
- WHMCSAffiliateID — WHMCS sets this cookie when an affiliate refers a customer to you. It stores the ID of the affiliate that made the referral so that if the customer places an order within the next 90 days following the referral, the affiliate receives credit for it. It is a persistent cookie.
- WHMCSLinkID — WHMCS only sets this cookie if you use the link tracking (Utilities > Link Tracking). It remembers the link the visitor followed to get to your website, and the system uses it when receiving an order, to be able to associate the conversion with a link to be able to provide stats such as the conversion rate of your links. It is a persistent cookie.
- WHMCSUser — WHMCS uses this cookie for the remember me functionality of the client area. The system only sets it if a client chose to have the system remember their details, ensuring that they don't need to log in multiple times. It is persistent and lasts for 365 days, or until logout.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based) or optout.aboutads.info (US based). On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
Consent for Advertising Cookies on Our Sites
If you are located in the European Union (EU), you may see a “cookie banner” on our websites and dashboards. If you are visiting one of our users’ sites from the EU, then we do not set, or allow our ad partners to set, cookies that are used to show you targeted ads before you click to accept. When you consent in this manner, we and our advertising partners may set advertising cookies on divi.Space and Hosting.divi.space. We’ll display the banner to you periodically, just in case you change your mind, and you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.